In all my wedding packages you’ll find an engagement session. Some couples think “Huh? Why do we need that?”. Well, for a couple important reasons.
1. As the photographer, I want to see how the two of interact in front of the camera. Do you blink? Push your head back to create a double chin? These are a few examples that I’m watching for so I can correct them and make you look your best in front of the camera.
2. We get to hang out for about an hour walking around taking pictures, but also getting to know each other better. The more comfortable you are with me, the better your pictures will turn out.
Come wedding day, you are both more relaxed in front of the camera and not surprised with how I’m working with you to create great shots. In the end, you’ll have more great pictures of the two of you together both posed and candid. And isn’t that what it’s all about?
More tips for great engagement images:
1. Bring a few different tops that you can layer to create new looks. Such as a black jacket over a tan shirt.
2. Keep jewelry to a minimum. Focus on one key piece such as your favorite necklace or earrings.
3. Wear comfortable shoes. Most likely you’ll be walking around to get different backgrounds in the shot.
4. Find a location that has meaning for both of you. Maybe you have coffee every Sunday at your favorite cafe or you love walking around your local park.
5. Most importantly: Have FUN!